Outside Sales Representative
FarmLead is an online grain marketplace that is changing the way grain is bought and sold across North America. We are seeking motivated individuals looking to challenge themselves and contribute to a special team.
FarmLead is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to take a boots-on-the-ground approach to building our user base and to act as a true ambassador of our values and mission. As a member of the team, you will actively pursue and qualify new farmers and grain buyers for FarmLead within your defined territory.
Here are the ways that you will make an impact:
- Develop a robust pipeline of farmers and grain buyers through traditional prospecting tactics and building relationships.
- Introduce the FarmLead Marketplace to grain sellers and buyers, educating them on the value proposition, encouraging them to sign up and post their grain deals on the FarmLead Marketplace.
- Report directly to management on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support successful outbound campaigns.
- Team closely with internal sales support reps to qualify new users, nurture relationships, and close grain deals on the marketplace.
- Track all prospecting and lead management activities in our company sales tools and CRM.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Consistently achieve quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives. There will be daily/weekly/monthly activity metrics. There will be monthly and quarterly sales quotes.
- A Challenger: It excites you to jump out of your comfort zone. You are unafraid to challenge traditional thinking and you crave digging into a problem and finding solutions whenever you can.
- Ambitious: You are intrinsically motivated by doing the best work of your life, yet humble and excited to learn. We are giving you the chance to demonstrate your ambition within integral parts of the company.
- Resilient: If you get knocked down, you get back up again and again. Some farmers will say “No.” You don’t sweat the small stuff and look forward to the next opportunity.
- Self Starter: Someone who thrives in challenging situations and willing to tackle any roadblocks that may stand in between you and your goals.
- Naturally Curious: You detect a problem. You dive deeper, and deeper again. Problem solving is a major part of your individual arsenal and you do not give up until it is right.
- Team Player: You contribute, you listen, you help when needed and ask for help when you need. You understand the vision of this company moves forward only when we work as a team.
What we need from you:
- Candidates for this role must be located within their designated territories
- A rolodex of farmers and/or grain buyers
- Tech savvy, be it on the phone or computer
- Creative thinker with the ability to present ideas
- Ability to travel; valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Grew up in an agricultural environment, either directly on the farm or within a farming community
Amazing Perks and Benefits at FarmLead:
- Startup culture with lots of room for growth and impact
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Formal and informal career development
- Transparent environment; all team members have access to company performance information and leadership team
- Comprehensive employee benefits plan
- Employee stock options
Help us disrupt the way grain is traded in North America!